Sunday, April 19, 2009

Easter Day!

Easter Day is so exciting in our home! In the morning the children wake up and look for their Easter baskets filled with candy. Then the kids have breakfast and get dressed in their new Easter attire. (That's the part where I hope and pray they don't get anything on their new clothes.) Then we all head off to church. (As we were all loading in the car this year, I noticed Kay-Lynn got chocolate on her white sweater and dress- but I got it out with my emergency stash of baby wipes in the car. Whew!)

While the kids are at church, the "Easter Bunny" hides plastic eggs (with candy or money inside), as well as the edible dyed eggs, and a present for each child. These Easter traditions date back to when I was a child. I still remember being so antsy in the car as we drove home from church-wondering what surprises I would find in our back yard. One year the "Easter Bunny" brought me Peaches'n'Cream Barbie- my favorite barbie of all time! I'll never forget finding her under neath the deck at our home in Minnesota.

I hope each of you had a wonderful Easter. It's a magical time of year for fun, festivities, and traditions. But, most of all, it's a special season to learn about our Savior's last week here on earth. Easter is a time to ponder the atonement, learn about the Crucifixion, and rejoice in the Resurrection.

4 comments:

Heidi Parson said...

Love Kay-lynn's dress!!! so pretty love the boys coats to :)

Angel said...

Peaches and Cream Barbie? She was my favorite too! I still have her stashed away in a box with a couple of my other toys I saved from my youth. I guess great minds think alike. :)

Megan said...

Love the easter outfits. I love how you go all out for the holidays and make them special for your family. I need to do a better job of that. Sounds like you had a great week! Traditions like that are the best....

Kelly S. said...

Your have precious kids! I love seeing them in their Easter best!