Sunday, December 6, 2009

Kay-Lynn's Beautiful Baptism in Pictures

It was a wonderful event! Justin's Mom flew in from Idaho, and my parents, and sisters: Elyse and Brianne, came up from San Antonio. It was a stake baptism, so there were five little girls getting baptized that day, including Kay-Lynn's best friend Whitney Hutto. (The Hutto's are amazing! Kari, the mom, taught preschool to Kay-Lynn and Ashton-and she was the best teacher ever!) My Mom gave a glorious talk for all the wards to hear, and I lead the music. We had lots friends there that had come to support and witness the happy event. The most touching part for me was after the confirmation. Kay-Lynn sat back in the chair next to me, I put my arm around her, and she sobbed. I know she felt the spirit... for the first time. After wards, we had a reception at our home. The whole evening was special. (Below is a "Baptism Candy Gram." It's a tradition I'll give to all my children on thier baptism day. (Thanks to my friend Wendy for finding it.)

1 comment:

Angel said...

Gorgeous picts! I wish I could have been there so Megan and Kay-Lynn could have been together. Megan still remembers her. She talks of her occasionally -- which surprises me since it was 2004 when we visited!