Sunday, June 6, 2010

Playing Catch up!

It's now the end of the school year and I thought I'd catch up on blogging. Life has been pretty busy in the Parson household, and I'd like to share a few highlights from the last few weeks.

Interior Decorating in Houston

On May 13th, my friend Shaunna flew me down Houston decorate her home. It was an amazing time! I was there two days and we covered TONS of ground, not to mention all the stores we went to! By the time I left she had new bedroom furniture, bedding, and paint colors picked out. I changed her living room around, and added different accessories through out the home! But the best part was fun going out to lunch and spending time together! Thanks Shaunna!!!!! I loved every minuet of it!


A Surprise Family VisitThe night I left Houston, my flight arrived around 9pm (Saturday, May 15). I was expecting Justin and the kids to pick me up from the airport...But he wasn't alone his sister Franci and her family surprised me and came for a visit! Franci drove her van with Justin and my kids and 2 of hers and picked me up (the kids were in their jammies because it was late). I was shocked or better yet- so confused, but happy! She was so cute and had balloons and a welcome home poster our kids had made. it was so darling. Apparently, her husband Josh had work off for a few days, so they decided to drive 10 hours from Kansas and visit us for the weekend! They arrived around 2:oo Saturday afternoon and stayed till Monday morning. Ashton and Kaylee loved playing together as always, but it was to neat to see Cayden and Annabelle becoming buddies! They had a delightful time making each other laugh while swinging on the on the swing set. A new friendship was born!

Kay-Lynn's Donation From the HeartWhile Franci was here I asked if she wouldn't my cutting Kay-Lynn's hair. My darling Kay-Lynn has been growing her hair out for quite some time to donate to Pantene's version of Locks of Love. This was the perfect time to cut off the 8 inches Kay-Lynn needed to donate. (The month before Franci had cut off her daughter's 12 inch locks to donate.) When Kay-Lynn went to school the following Monday, her teachers were so impressed with her choice. In fact the principle even cried tears of joy when she heard!! I'm so proud of her!


Father and Son Ward Camp Out

A week later Justin took Ashton on their 2nd annual Father and Son camp out. They drove together with Justin's buddy Blaine and his son, and had a marvelous time! There were tons of fathers and sons staying the night at the primitive state park scout camp. Ashton was proud of himself because he stayed up till 11:30 p.m., running around the campsite with the rest of the pack of boys.

Rough Day

And as with most women there are good days and rough days. A week ago I was having one of those rough days. I was pondering life and wondering about being satisfied with my life and being "just being a mom." Anyways, Justin and Ashton sensing my stress and seeing my tears brought me this beautiful rose plant and this queen balloon on their way home from a birthday party. Justin wanted to get a "smoochy" balloon, but Ashton insisted on getting the queen balloon because as he told Justin, "Mommy is our Queen!" So cute. I'm so blessed to have the little family I do!

Ward Karaoke Night


Our ward had a fabulous ward activity! Karaoke night! My friend asked a few of us girls to get together as a group and do a dance/lip sync number with her! There were 5 of us that rocked out! It was so much fun! We were all dressed in black from head to toe, as we wore black t-shirts and yoga pants with lots of bling
! I even wore my tiara! But my favorite part of the night was seeing Kay-Lynn get up and sing Dancing Queen with Aprille's 2 kids, in front of the whole ward! She wasn't afraid! She even wanted to sing a solo, but couldn't because the activity ran out of time. She was sad. I was going to sing a solo too...She's in Love With the Boy...but time didn't permit it. All in all, it was a splendid time with fun memories made.



Young Women Standards Night

My ward calling is the Laurel Advisor/teacher. I have say I have the best YW leaders to work with! Each special leader is so talented and goes above and beyond for the girls in our ward!


And in the month of May all of us leaders put on a Young Women Standards night. It turned out amazing! We had some speakers, musical numbers, and a fashion show, show casing the Laurels modeling modest bridal gowns worn by their Moms or other women in the ward. I was in charge of decorations. We had a real wedding cake, party favors, and a candy table. The goal was to make the Relief Society feel like a wedding reception..and I'd have to say: mission accomplished!

No comments: