Friday, July 27, 2012

Moving is NOT my friend!

In the end of April we had to move 2 times in a week!!!!! We  moved from our little house to an apartment. Moving started going well...on a Thursday we had a few movers with their truck move our big items. And I  was so blessed to have help from several Relief Society sisters to move little things and help came clean. 6 guys came that night to move more stuff.

But went I walked into the apt to start moving stuff it smelled like Joe Camel and the Marboro Man had lived there for a thousand years!!! It reaked of smoke! My heart sank but there wasn't another option so we proceeded to move. 

The next day I had more help from some relief society sisters...they were angels!!! We moved all day but still had a ton of stuff to move and clean before the next day! Around 9pm that night Justin and I looked at each other, drains, exhausted, and overwhelmed.. and didn't know what to do so we called our wonderful friends!! My kids hadn't had dinner...they were tired and bored. So Justin called our good friend Dave Terrill. (Whose also the elder's Quorm Pres) He and his wife Tiare showed up and were amazing! Aprille took and fed our kids, her hubby Trever started vacuuming..and 2 other guys came over...with in a hour and a half everything was moved and over!!!! Justin stayed at the house and cleaned the carpets till 1 am..so it would be ready when I handed  over the keys to the investor at 9am. We were so blessed!

Justin left Monday for a business trip. As I tried to unpack the smoke sell was horrible! The straw that broke the camel's back was when I went to the YMCA and the child watch workers said Brady smelled of smoke- so did his diaper bag, his blankets!! It was true everything I owned smelled like smoke! Even my van! I marched into the apt office, with a letter from my pediatrician in hand, and demanded we move to another apt! They in fact had another 3 bedroom available. I waited till Saturday morning when Justin was back home and we moved again! This time we had help from our other old ward friends  along with our new ward guys!! Everything was moved in a few hours! And my sister Hayley watched and fed my kids so I could help too!

Now we have settles into our apt. The 3 older kids share a room..they sleep on their twin mattresses at night and we stack them during the day so that room turns into a play room. Brady is in our room. It's not fun, but so so so worth it! I keep dreaming of a stair case...a fire place..a garage door opener...sprinklers....ah..ah....

Did I mention we're on the third floor...Here's a pic of all the groceries and the baby carrier I carried up to our apt. one day. Who needs the gym when you have 3 flights of stairs?


No comments: