Monday, June 30, 2008

ALL THIS FOR ONLY $4.90!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Sorry the picture is a little blurry) I'm on a natural high as I did some amazing deals at the stores this morning! My buddy Aprille and I woke up at 5:30 a.m. and hit the stores by 6:00a.m.! We wanted to get the deals before things were out, and to shop before husbands went to work; so that they could watch the kiddos. We first went to Brookshires grocery store where they were trippling coupons up to and $0.60. I spent $4.90. Then we went to CVS drugstore where I got everything free. I had coupons for almost everything, then I had coupons for $10.00 off of $50.00, and (2)$4.00 off of $20.00, and some CVS bucks and a $25.00 gift card (that I got free when I transferred a perscription there on Friday). So I spent nothing out of pocket there and even left with $7.00 left on my gift card and made $3.00 more in CVS bucks! I LOVE CVS! I LOVE COUPONS!
This is my way of getting food storage together and staying with in our tight budget. A big thank you goes out to my friend Megan Bennett's awesome blog, that has helped me get great deals. And Aprille I love our morning trips to the stores! You brighten my mornings!

3 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

That's amazing! I saw on TV show once where the stay-at-home Mom said she felt like because she didn't work outside the home that her job was working to save them money when they went shopping. Someday I really want to do that, but it sounds like you already are!

Kristi Clinger said...

Congrats, Nissa! That's awesome. By the way great job on your talk yesterday. I was walking the halls with my youngest.

Megan said...

That's awesome! I love that you got up early! :) I've been missing out on some deals because I hate shopping with kids! I've been a slacker with my blog too - now that I've got a new calling. Hopefully it will slow down a little (who am i kidding?) so I can get back to being a bargain shopper! I love readings posts like this!