Thursday, September 25, 2008

A DREAM VACATION COME TRUE!

(Check out the slide show at the bottom of this post.) What a DREAM!!!!!!!! I just got back from the most amazing cruise vacation with our good friends the Wendy and Dave Lee! It was a blast and I can't even tell you how much fun Justin and I had! I don't even know where to begin to tell y'all about all the activities and adventures we had! (As I write this I find myself swaying like I'm still on the boat..it's an interesting feeling.) Well, we loaded the boat on Saturday around noon.. saw our friends and thats when the party started. The next five days "exceeded my expectations." The cruise itinerary went like this: (Except we went out of Houston instead of Galveston.) When we were at sea, we had a blast partaking in activities like, going to the comedy shows, the Vegas style shows, going to the Stripes Dance Club, eating in the 24 hour Pizzeria, and Grill. We also had late night ice cream runs, watching and playing the Battle of the Sexes and the Love and Marriage games, and playing Put Put golf. We also loved walking and laying out on the deck, working out, playing Uno, going down the water slide, and sitting in the hot tub at midnight. Two of the biggest highlights on the boat were the Karaoke at the Starlight Lounge and the fine dinning in the Windstar Dinning Room. Karaoke was a hit...I sang a couple songs, including Tiffany's I Think We're Alone Now. Justin and Wendy even got up and sang too. Dave (aka Kim), got up to many times to count- he was great. We loved the fine dining because the food was delicious and the service was extraordinary- I felt like royalty! Everyone was so friendly and helpful...I loved getting dressed up and having formal dinners every night! I loved when the waiter would put the cloth napkin on my lap, and I loved having 4 forks in front of me. It was great, if you asked for more food, Joel, the waiter would say, "Why not?" The housekeeping staff was also super as they would come twice a day. On the second trip each day they'd put mints, the next day's itinerary, and a different shaped animal made from a towel on our bed. Almost all of the 1100 crew on board were from 40 different foreign countries. And it really opened my eyes as I learned that most of staff had families back home- and worked 6-8 months at a time. They will call home occasionally and send the money they'd make back home. Monday was spent on the Island of Cozumel. The water was so gorgeous with it's crystal blue color. We went snorkeling on three different reefs with some locals. It was amazing to see all the fish that swam next to me. It was heaven...Tuesday was a big adventure as we docked in Progresso, Yucatan for the day. We hurried to find a cab driver that would take us the 2 1/2 hour drive the seventh wonder of the world-Chichen-Itza. We got one, and for a great price. The taxi was a beat up Nissan, w/o air conditioning. We all squashed into the car and off we went. There's an interesting thing about Mexico, they have speed limit signs and the white lines in the middle of the road, but I think they're just guidelines, as nobody follows them. What was supposed to be a 2 1/2 hour trip by bus, we did in 1 hour and 40 mins. The cab driver then waited 2 hours for us as we explored the famous Mayan ruins in the middle of the Mexican jungle. It's incredible how many people are trying to sell you things. They use all sorts of selling lines like, "for you almost free...no tips for looking..." The weather was so humid (I guess that's why it's jungle/rain forest). However, it did start to rain like crazy when we were about to leave. On the way back I think we were in a monsoon as we couldn't see the road in front of us. When we got back to the ship we were exhuasted! It was an amazing trip! I think going on a cruise is the best way to vacation! It's a blast! But it wouldn't have been half as fun if it weren't for you Wendy and Dave. And as Byron the Entertainment Director would say, "You are the best Angels!" Thank you from our hearts!

4 comments:

Heidi Parson said...

It looks like you had a BLAST!!b such darling pictures. I'm serious about the disney cruise one day, down the road!! That's if Brett lands a good job. This market is the pits and pharm sells is soooo hard to get into. Hope you are having a GREAT day!!!

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

I love all the photos! It's looks like a BLAST! Now I can't wait for my cruise... Nov. 1st!!! I love your white hat! It was so cute on you! I also love your pink luggage. you are such a superstar! Love ya!!!!

Montana Wilkins said...

What a fun trip you must have had! I am going to start planning one for me and my hubby right now! You pull off hats and two braids and so many other looks so well. I always end up looking like a little kid.
I can't wait to hear about more Parson family adventures!
Love, Janet

Angel said...

Yay! What a fun time! I am so glad that everything worked out and you got to go on your trip. It sounds absolutely amazing!