
This weekend with Hurricane IKE heading in the path of DFW my friends and I decided to evacuate to.......LEWISVILLE!!! Yes, I realize that Lewisville is only 30 minutes away, and if we were to have any serious effects of the hurricane - being in Lewisville would not have made any difference. Nonetheless....we needed a girls "sleepover." A HUGE thanks to Kari's mom and dad for offering their home, aka "bed and breakfast" to us for the night. It was truley a vacation!
(Thanks Kari for letting me copy parts of your blog.) 
The night started with a yummy dinner! Thanks to Kari's dad for standing over the hot BBQ! Then off to the pool for some night swimming! It was so cool, Kari's dad had set up his big pull down screen against the side of the house and his projector.

We got to watch the Celine Dion Las Vegas concert from the pool and hot tub. AWESOME!!!!
( I thought of you Janet!) We loved singing her songs! We had so much fun diving off the diving board, dancing in the water..we were probably out in the pool for almost 2 hours! When we dried off and went back inside for banana splits and more dancing!


We danced the night away to the new Mamma Mia CD! We had our microphones (brushes), and pink feather boa! What more do you need? Let me just say - in the dancing department.....we still got it going on!!!!! Even Kari's mom got a bit of the action! Tiare, I have to give props to you.....here you are pregnant and whipping out the running man! B

y this time it was after midnight already! We figured the night was still young and it was time to get REALLY crazy! We went back outside and it was a full moon! Crazy things happen when it is a full moon outside...let's just say, what happens in Lewisville, stays in Lewisville...RIGHT GIRLS!!! Next - was the movie of the evening....what better movie than "GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!" (If you can't tell, we are doing our "senior picture" pose!

I think it was a little after 3AM when we said our goodnights and "retired to our rooms."
Kari, thanks so much for everything!!!I love that I have friends I can be myself around, do crazy things with, and that we always have so much fun together! I love that you girls love me for who I am! Thank you so much to Kari's Mom and Dad, y'all are so great!!! You run an awesome, "bed and breakfast!" It was honestly better than going to a hotel!

The next morning we had a wonderful breakfast and went and got pedicures! What a BLAST! I love you girls!
5 comments:
How much more fun can you have!? Seriously, I am so jealous!! So, are these friends from college, highschool or just since being a Mommy? It sounds like they are so great!
Most of them I've known for three years or less. We all started out in the in the same ward, (here in McKinney) before it split several times. I'm blessed. It's so nice to have good friends here since we don't have family close by.
I really want to live by you! I don't think I have had fun like that since being in college with you. I am so happy for you everyone deserves friends as great as yours! I think who needs a cruise when you can do stuff like that with the girls! That place is beautiful! Rexburg is already getting so cold and you guys were in a pool at night! Soak up some sun for me!
Tons of loves!
Nis I forgot to comment on your cute bags!! Love them. YOU always have had great taste and style!
Nissa- You have been tagged go to my blog so you know what to do! Misty
Post a Comment