Saturday, August 15, 2009

Happy 11th Anniversary!

Happy Anniversary to my darling Husband! We've been married 11 wonderful years with forever still to go! As I look back on all the amazing adventures we've had-I'm so glad that you were the constant companion at my side. We've had some challenges, we've had much joy, and we've had many memories. Thank you for those, and thank you for being a team with me in raising our three precious children. They look up to you and love you like I do.

As I told you before...I think it was love at first sight...I remember seeing you the first day of school during the 1996 fall semester, in sculpture class. It was then that something struck me. I knew I had to flirt with you until you asked me out. It worked and we've been dating ever since!

The country song by Kenney Chesney describes how I felt:

"Well you had me from "Hello"

I felt love start to grow

The moment that I looked into your eyes, you won me

It was over from the start

You completely stole my heart

And now you won't let go

I never even had a chance you know

You had me from "Hello"

It will be exciting to see what the future years hold. When I think about my major lifetime goals, one is to have my children serve in the church with strong testimonies, another is to have rendered alot of service in my life, and another is to have a 70th wedding anniversary! How wonderful it would be to be married for 70 years! I know my grandparents are heading that way and I want us to be just like them when we're older!

I love you.

And just like your wedding ring says with these engraved words inside,

Love,

Your Eternal Sweetheart

4 comments:

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

You made an amazingly beautiful bride! WOW!

Camile said...

Happy Anniversary! It was so wonderful to spend time with your family at the reunion. You guys are awesome!!! Love, Camile

what said...

You're the best! I love you!

Montana Wilkins said...

I'm still so happy for you guys all these years later.(13 since you met!) What's meant to be is meant to be!
The first time Justin came to Royal Crest #318 I think all your roommates (especially Beth and I) thought that he probably wasn't your type when he showed up in his "Cherry Garcia" shirt to take you to a BBQ, but then a few months later I was taking pics of you in one of his other tie-dye shirts and that funny hat! It's fun to see how you complement each other. I'm sure that still happens!
Congrats again on all your happiness!