Friday, August 28, 2009

My Marvelous Mom and Dad

This is a past due, but I need to give thanks to my wonderful parents who watched my kids while I taught my Scrapbooking class (in San Antonio) this past July. Every morning for a week, my Mom would take Kay-Lynn, and sometimes Ashton, to work with her. She's the Swim Camp Director at the Alamo Country Club, and they're so lucky they get to go for free! They got to make crafts, have delicious snacks, (served from silver chaffing dishes- I might add,) play games, and swim. One day they even had a pinata!! Then Mom gave them private swimming lessons after the morning camp. Because of her, Kay-Lynn now has a beautiful free style stroke and Ashton just learned to swim! She also took them for a rides on the train and to the bakery among other places. Meanwhile, my Dad tended Cayden every afternoon while I went to work. (He also had Ashton sometimes on the days Ashton didn't go to swim camp.) My Dad was so cute and took my sons to the park, out for ice cream, lunch at McDonald's and watched them play on the play place for a long time. He also took them to the self serve car wash -they had a great time! One fun afternoon, we all met up San Antonio Childrens' Museum for free admission day. (Mom brought Kay-Lynn and Ashton from the pool, Dad brought Cayden from home, and I came from work.) The kids had never been there and they loved it! I'm so blessed to have my parents live pretty close! They're wonderful parents and grand parents with so much love to give! Thanks again! I love you Mom and Dad!