Kay-Lynn cheers for the Redskin's 2nd grade team and really enjoys it! Only in Texas do you have 2nd graders in full pads, playing pee wee tackle football. The uniforms, the fields, everything is so professional looking! There's even music coming from speakers to get the crowd pumped up! It's so fun!
Cheerleading keeps us busy! Along with cheering at the games, the Cheerleaders preform half-time dances on the field.
They also had a cheerleading camp in the summer and have practices every week. In November they have "Cheer Fest." Which is a competition of spirit among all football cheerleader squads. A week ago, Kay-Lynn and her fellow cheerleaders had "door decorating" night. The girls went Friday night before game day, to every single football player's home and decorated their front door with a "spirit" poster.
Well, Ashton is in flag football at the YMCA. He's not on a team mind you, just an introduction to football class for the month of October. That afternoon before Kay-Lynn went decorating, Ashton asked Kay-Lynn and me:
"Do I get my door decorated since I'm a football player?" I replied: "Well what team would you want to be if you had a team?" Ashton: "Mmm..the bulldogs." Me: "And what number would you want to be?" Ashton: "19." Me: "Maybe a cheerleader will come decorate your door?" Ashton smiled.
The next morning when he woke up, taped to his bedroom door was this "spirit" poster I had made for him. He was so excited.
They also had a cheerleading camp in the summer and have practices every week. In November they have "Cheer Fest." Which is a competition of spirit among all football cheerleader squads. A week ago, Kay-Lynn and her fellow cheerleaders had "door decorating" night. The girls went Friday night before game day, to every single football player's home and decorated their front door with a "spirit" poster.
Well, Ashton is in flag football at the YMCA. He's not on a team mind you, just an introduction to football class for the month of October. That afternoon before Kay-Lynn went decorating, Ashton asked Kay-Lynn and me:
"Do I get my door decorated since I'm a football player?" I replied: "Well what team would you want to be if you had a team?" Ashton: "Mmm..the bulldogs." Me: "And what number would you want to be?" Ashton: "19." Me: "Maybe a cheerleader will come decorate your door?" Ashton smiled.
The next morning when he woke up, taped to his bedroom door was this "spirit" poster I had made for him. He was so excited.
1 comment:
Oh So Fun, and SO TEXAS!! My other texas friend has her girl in cheerleading also!! Seems to be the tings down there :) to cute see little football players and tiny little cheerleaders!!
Post a Comment