Monday, January 4, 2010

Our Magical Christmas...

With a happy hearts and sparkles in our eyes, Justin and I agree, we had the most wonderful, awe-inspiring, magical, Christmas ever.

(Since our first Christmas in NYC back in 1998). But it wasn't a trip, or a fancy present that brought pure joy to our hearts. It was the generosity and love shown to us by numerous, anonymous individuals. To those who helped give the most magical Christmas ever, I say, Thank you from the bottom of my heart. YOU know who you are.


There were several things that happened. First, Gifts of Love came by for the last time. They brought Justin and I a gift card to the movies and a Mexican Restaurant, plus a gift for each child! Kay-Lynn was given a Disney MP3 Player!!!! That was better than any gift she got from Santa!!!!!! It was her favorite thing!!!!! Ashton was given a Backugon toy set-which he absolutely loved- and Cayden a toy truck. Then as a family they gave these darling plush hearts, a giant kid activity book, and some sweet smelling candles!!!! Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture of the gifts...but the love and Big-heartedness was astounding!

But then... Someone else also dropped of a bag full of candy canes, cookies and another present for each of my children. And let me tell you, I think all these generous individuals knew my children better than Santa...the presents were remarkable! Princess dolls for Kay-Lynn, Power Rangers for Ashton, and a car racing play set for Cayden! Christmas was going to be small, until all these loving people did this!

Then someone did the The Twelve Days of Christmas just for me!!! Most of the time this "Secret Santa" would drop something on the front door step after I had gone to be bed. So I'd wake up in the morning and find it on my front door step. I was like a child on Christmas morning...several times over. So giddy and full of exhilaration! The last few times I even waited up late to check the door!!! I felt perpetual bliss daily! The presents were so AMAZING! One night Justin and were talking about how he can't wear socks to bed, but I have to wear socks to bed in the winter...I said, "I would much rather have a soft , pair of socks than any slippers." Then when morning came, I sprung from my bed to open the door, and there on my door mat, was a pair of the most luxurious, warmest, light pink socks! All tied up with beautiful green bow. (The nicest pair of socks I've ever owned!) It was like a dream! Is it Justin you ask? No. There's no way. All the presents were all displayed with a feminine touch. The gifts included lotions, several gift cards (Sephora, Walmart, Chick-fil-A), chocolates, the best homemade gingerbread cookies I've ever tasted, and a candle, just to name a few.

This was the most magical Christmas for me, personally, since I was a little girl. Thank you so much!

"Dear Nissa-Lynn... On the 11th day Santa brought to me..."

My family can't wait for Christmas next year because we are going to do the 12 days of Christmas to a family or individual, among other random acts of service...I've already begun planning! The service rendered to my family is this past year has planted so many Christlike seeds of good will in my children's hearts. And I'm eternally grateful!

And just so you know,


I still believe in Santa Claus! ;)

1 comment:

Megan said...

Thanks for sharing that Nissa. I have loved reading about this sweet and special Christmas for your family. You have wonderful friends. I am always touched by service that others render. James has been gone ALL week with his new calling and yesterday I looked out my front window and someone in our old ward (not even in our new ward) was trimming and mowing our front yard. It was very touching.

Thanks for sharing....I'm glad you had a magical Christmas! You deserve it!