Today at church in Primary (The kids Sunday school part), their was a power point presentation on what Mormon Missionaries do and what the Missionary Training Center is like. I kept looking back at Ashton and smiling at him. After church he said to me,
"Mom your face was red and you looked like you were crying." I said, "Yes, I was a little bit, because when you are 19 you will go on a mission too.
He said, "I know, I want to go to another country."
Then I said, Ashton do you remember the story of Hannah, and how she prayed so hard for a baby, and promised the Lord if she had one she'd give him to the Lord when he was old enough? (To live in the temple with Eli.) And then the Lord blessed her with Samuel. (Ashton said yes.) Well I'm raising you now, but one day I will have to turn you over to the Lord when you go on your mission. It makes me happy, but sad too."
He just looked at me with these deep brown eyes pondering what I had said. My heart melted.

No comments:
Post a Comment