Then Thursday night I got an email with the closing papers and we off by thousands of dollars! (Thank goodness I did my homework and knew what everything should be.) So the HUD statement had to be revised and the lender was saying that they didn't think we could close till the following week. (insert my mom mad face) Then on Friday I called again to get an update (while I'm at the first day on a new job), the loan processor said Wednesday at the earliest, and didn't really care it seemed. She got an earful!! (Are you kidding me? So Justin and I cancelled internet purchases, rescheduled the dinning room table to be delivers etc. Then I picked up the kids from school and got a call at 3:15 saying our loan officer felt bad, pulled some strings, and we could possibly close at 5:00pm that day.
So I go to Kroger get some groceries. Then I get another call at 4:15 saying our closing appointment was at 4:30. I told them I wouldn't be there till 5 (because it's 40 mins away in rush hour traffic). I ran, (I mean I really ran) into the bank all all 4 kids in tow, hoping they could keep up...like a Mama duck and all her ducks behind her, got a cashiers check for the closing cost, and sprinted out of there. We drove to the closing office, (and almost got in 2 car accidents, for real, that was before we got lost in Dallas- but we got there.) We met Justin there at 5:10, and with my heart beating so fast, and my head pounding from stress, I told the kids be on your best bahavior or they're all dead; then everything went well from there. (insert frustrated, relieved, overwhelmed mommy face.) Signed the documents and bought a new house. Done with the house stress- or so I thought until the next day... that will be the next post. ;)
1 comment:
Nissa-Lynn!!! I haven't checked your blog forever - it was so good to catch up on your family happenings. For some reason I thought you had stopped blogging and so I quit checking.
Anyway, sounds like a stressful event to close on a house! Glad it all worked out. The house is beautiful! I liked your post about how you'll appreciate all the little details of your home because of what you've gone without.
I'm so glad to know that I can keep checking your blog to keep up on your family!
Love you guys!
Camile
Post a Comment