Wow, life has taken over, and blogging has taken a back seat!
So lets see where were we...ah yes...we just closed on our home... I left the title office nervous and thinking I hope we made the right decision- because buying a home is so much money!!! So feeling a little anxious we drove to our new beautiful home and met our sales guy Steve to get the keys. After an hour observing the house we went back to the apt for the night.
(While at the house though, Steve said because of our white stair spindles and white cabinets, our home looked a lot like the million dollar model being built in the upscale area of South Lake. Steve said high end customers want more vintage, traditional looking interiors. And that's exactly what I wanted- with contemporary twists here and there :)
My style is Restoration Hardware overall mixed with ZGallerie pieces.)
Anyway, fast forward 12 hours later (the next day) when we went back to the next house day to move a few boxes in. While there Ashton goes upstairs to the game room and yells, "Mom why is the ceiling raining?" I couldn't believe it??? The AC vent was leaking water!!!! The carpet was soaked! What did we do? Did I make a wrong decision? Is our house a lemon? I called Steve and he said to call the AIR TRAN emergency services- and not to worry that everything would be repaired at no cost. Well I was freaked out. So Justin called the AC tech and they came out a few hours later. The young tech said the drip pan in the attic was not aligned as it should have been-which caused it to be full of water and leak out. He tried to re-adjust it and spilled water EVERYWHERE!!!! Water poured out of the 2 AC vents in the game room, the vent in the upstairs bath room, and down the attic stairs!!! Seriously??? Now I was worried about the sheet rock in the attic and the carpet pads in not just one place-but several!!! So the tech called for a more advanced guy to come the next day (Sunday). The senior tech came Sunday afternoon and fixed the damper, which was the problem.
Everything seemed to be working for the next few days until we had no AC upstairs at all. So another AC tech was dispatched and
he had to rewire the thermostats. Insert mad face :(
With the help of some friends we moved things little by little through out the week, and then on Saturday morning( a week and a day after we closed) about 15 guys from church moved the rest of our belongings. Mean while I spend hours/days scrubbing walls and deep cleaning our apt in hopes not be charged nasty fees. My hard work paid off. No fees charged except normal carpet cleaning.
About two weeks after we closed, my Mom flew in for the weekend to help us get settled. I was eternally grateful she came because I felt so tired and overwhelmed. She helped unpack, paint and laundry. Besides trying to keep a normal routine of kids in school, their sports and activities, me working my 4:30 am shifts, I found myself really extremely tired. Like obsessively tired. I wanted to fall asleep at the wheel went I ran a simple trip to the grocery store. My thoughts were consumed with when I could sleep next. I chalked it up to moving. But it wasn't. A blood test at the Drs office said I had a small case of MONO!!! Well, that didn't stop me...after all I'm a mom! I got through it slowing...but as moms know -moms can't rest!
Through out the following week the house was full of workers. Cable, cabinet, concrete, and tile workers setting up new services or fixing mistakes covered under warranty.
Then we started projects. Our goal was to get the house looking beautiful and customized before our Annual Couples Christmas party December 8th. So we spent much money and many trips to Lowe's (I did save $100.00 with a coupon I had) for supplies. Justin started building a hall tree for the mud room, put crown molding and other trim work in the dinning room, while I shopped for new outdoor lights, chandeliers, blinds, paint colors, furniture and curtains. Night after night we've worked to set up shop! Justin, bless his heart has done the most amazing trim!!! Hes been staying up till midnight almost every night with the companion of his miter saw, air compressor, and nail gun. He and Kay-Lynn even spent 5 hours to put together my DREAM chandelier for the dinning room.
I'll post pics as soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment