Wednesday, July 16, 2008

A Surprise Birthday Party For Me!

I have the best friends! On July 11 I was going to San Antonio for 2 weeks to teach scrapbooking classes, and I'd be there for my real birthday. Well, my great friend Aprille knew this and arranged for me to have a surprise birthday dinner/party before I left (14 days before my actual birthday)! That afternoon she and I went to Kroger, (and got 9 bottles of shampoo almost all free-I might add), when she dropped me off she said, "Be ready in one hour-we're going to dinner for your birthday!" I was so excited! An hour later she picked me up then we picked Tiare up and went to La Madeline! My favorite restaurant! To my surprise there were 6 other girlfriends there to celebrate my birthday! (Three others were invited too but were out of town) I was so happy and grateful! It was wonderful!After dinner some of us went to Old Navy and bought..."something somethings" our term for lingerie. It was the best night! Thank you girls for everything-It meant so much to me! I love you all! And thanks Aprille for arranging it- you are one of the most thoughtful persons I have ever met! My friends know me well. One gave me sunflowers because she knew how much I loved them. She also remembered me telling her that as a little girl my family had 7 ft tall sunflowers in the garden when I was growing up! Others gave me scrapbook materials, and a journal. And three of them went in on a hand mixer because mine died a while back... and I always ask to borrow one! Thank you!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

I was so sad that I was going to be out of town and not able to celebrate with you. Now, when you said that you had a great night did you mean with your somethin' somethin' and Justin or at La Madeline's with the girls:) Anyway, either way I am glad that you had a great night.