Thanksgiving is a special time of year- when you think about what you're grateful for. I am grateful for some wonderful blessings that happened to me last week. And I'm grateful for the people that have the hearts to render service unto others.
This has been a crazy busy week...I feel like I've been running and running everywhere! Well, amongst the craziest of trying to get ready for Thanksgiving, working more (at the YMCA) to get Christmas money, making and taking Thanksgiving treats to people, running to activities, taking kids to doctors, just to name a few; some wonderful little Heaven-sent blessings happened.
One of the women I visit teach called me up on Monday and said, "I'm in the mood for cooking and I'm making soup...I'd like to take you some for dinner tonight-say 5:00?" It was just what I needed. She came over with the soup, bread, and frozen fruit smoothie bars. She did all this just because. This meant so much to me!!!!! I did not take it for granted!
Then came Friday. I had been up several nights in a row with Kay-Lynn as she was coughing so bad she through up several times. I gave her all the medicine I could...and propped her up on the couch....eventually I even had to hold her in my lap (for hours) sitting straight up. I knew she had a bad sinus infection because I had been through this before with her. But as a mother your heart breaks for your child because they can't sleep and you're exhausted because you can't sleep. So I got in and took her to the doctors. Yep, a severe sinus infection. As the doctor was almost done, she asked,"Everyone one else doing good?" I said, "Cayden has a cold but other than that we're good." She said, "Let me check him." So she proceeded to check his ears and nose...a sinus infection too! Then she wrote both kids their prescriptions. I thanked her so much because that just saved me another $30 co-pay and another trip to the doctor! Another little blessing!
But before the Dr. appt. I had a visiting teaching appt. The women I visit teach, who brought me soup on Monday, came over to my house to be visit taught. And She came with shopping bags of groceries in her hands-for both me and my companion. She brought over a delicious recipe for Braised short ribs and included everyone one of the ingredients. I was choked up! My heart was overjoyed!
After the VT appt, I was running a little late for Kay-Lynn's Dr. appt. With out me knowing, my VT companion had followed me to Kay-Lynn's school, parked next to me and said, "Let me watch the boys so you don't have to take them in when checking Kay-Lynn out of school." That was so nice. I was able run in, instead of having to unload the boys from their car seats.
I was so grateful for these WONDERFUL women-especially this week when I was so run down from lack of sleep and a hectic schedule. My heart is full of gratitude. I thank my Heavenly Father for little blessings.
2 comments:
Oh HOORAY, Nissa!!! That is so wonderful to read. You know that the reason Heavenly Father is sending all these blessing your way is because you are such a fabulous person, right? Miss you!
Janet
I love to hear stories of inspired Visiting Teachers....as RS Pres, I appreciate the kindness and service that others provide so selflessly. I'm glad you were the recepient and shared! Thanks!!
Post a Comment