Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Warning: This Is A Long Post About Trying to Be A Super Mom...

My kid's school, like most schools, have end of the year field trips. I haven't ever been able to go with them because of work, or Cayden, or etc. This time I was able to thanks to several wonderful people who watched Cayden for both older kids' trips.

In April I signed up to go with Ashton's Kindergarten classes to the Dallas Zoo. He was so excited!! After learning I was going on Ashton's trip, Kay-Lynn expressed that she wished I could go one of her field trips. I promised her that the next field trip she had I would go with her no matter what. The night before Ashton's trip, I stayed up making cookies with Cayden who wouldn't sleep. The cookies were for the kids lunches and give to the teachers for Teacher Appreciated Week. The next morning I got up, packed everyone's lunches, (forget to pack one for myself) got the kid's book bags packed with their snacks, folders, and packed Cayden's lunch and extra change of clothes (just in case a potty training accident occurred). Then dropped of Cayden at Aprille's who would watch him for a few hours, who would then hand him off to Wendy who watch the remainder of the school day. Once I checked into the school, went to Ashton's classroom to find a ride with some other moms who were driving down to the zoo. (Parents weren't allowed to ride the bus).

The day went great! We saw all sorts of reptiles, and rode the monorail high above the trees and saw various animals and their habitats. By the last hour my little group of boys were tired and didn't want to talk anymore. They kept saying I walked to fast... but I was just trying to get them to see everything:) So we didn't see everything and ended up we spending the rest of the time playing in the childrens' section. It was a wonderful day to be with my little Ashton and his friends.

Four days later I picked Kay-Lynn up from school, and the first words out of her mouth were, "We're going on a field and you can come!" When we got home I filled out the paperwork, and wrote a check to cover charge for her and me. A few days later I got a sub for my shift at work. Then I started sending out email to friends to see if anyone could watch Cayden from 8:15-1:35 or at least split the time. Several people were already busy...I was starting to stress. Thanks to Blaine and Rachel for splitting the time..they were so wonderful to watch him! This time I was able to ride the bus with Kay-Lynn and her class as we went to the YMCA Adventure Park. The kids played team building games, went on a nature hikes, and ate lunch there.

We were suppose to get back to the school at 1pm, but the teachers found out the buses didn't have to be at the school till 3 or so. So they decided instead of going back to school, they'd take the kids to the largest city park in McKinney. I started to get worried as I told my friend I'd pick up Cayden by 1:30!!! Some parents did drive and a teacher found me a ride back to the school. when I was getting ready to leave KL -she had a emotional melt down, "I don't want you to go!!" I did promise her the full trip, so I decided to ride the bus to the park and call my brother Preston to pick me up at the and take me to the school so I could get my car and get Cayden.

While on the bus I got a text from Rachel- she asked if she could Cayden ibuprofen because he had a temp of 104!!!!!! She said she'd be fine watching him until three when she had to leave. 104????!!! Oh my! And the buses wouldn't be back to school before 3!!
I would never make it to Rachel's before she had to leave. I had to get back!! So I went to text Preston and my phone battery DIED!!!! I could borrow someone elses phone but I don't know any ones number! Not even Justin's- since we just barley got new numbers! SO I thought on the bus, Kl could tell I was stressed yet again. As soon as we got to the park I tracked down my friend Dave who was on the other 2nd grade bus. I knew he would have the numbers I needed. I called Aprille to pick me up. She loaded her two girls in the car, one of which had a 102 degree fever! What a blessing to have good friends!!!!! Truly, our finds are family to us!!!! I left Kay-Lynn and promised her I'd pick her up from school a little early. Once I got to Rachel's she told me Cayden had two accidents! Bless her heart she had changed him into her sons clean clothes. Then I went back to the school an picked up Kl an d Ashton. I was supposed to go to a work meeting, but had to cancel due to Cayden's fever. What a day!

That night dinner was cereal. I was to tired. When Justin got home I took Ashton for some "runaway time" and we went to Wal-Mart for groceries. Earlier I had promised him a treat and he picked out a box of Oreos costing $2.78 (and I didn't have a coupon)! But I didn't care..it's what he picked out during our time together. And I forgot half my coupons so I didn't get half the things on my list. On the way home in the car Ashton said out of the clear blue, "Mom I love you." That made all the days events worth it! My heart swelled with love and joy. As I thought How blessed I am to be a Mother. We continued to talk the whole way home.

The next day I took Cayden to the Dr. Strep throat. That night Ashton felt sick. Took him to the Dr. in the morning. Strep throat. And now Kay-Lynn says she feels sick...

Being a Mom is not easy...but so worth it!

No comments: