Well I turned 33 this past July 24th. Wow, here has my life gone? When I'm taking care of motherly things I feel in my thirties...but when I'm go out with my best girlfriends I feel 23! In fact, I think I have more fun now then when I was 23! My girls have helped me to become more free and crazy, and yet taught me more about love and service. As I reflect upon my life right now, I must say I know what I like and dislike, I've made my bucket list and am trying to check items off.
My life is like the song from Jessica Andrews,
"If I live to be a hundred
And never see the seven wonders
That'll be alright
If I don't make it to the big leagues
If I never win a Grammy
I'm gonna be just fine
Cause I know exactly who I am
I am Rosemary's granddaughter
The spitting image of my father
And when the day is done my Momma's still my biggest fan
Sometimes I'm clueless and I'm clumsy
But I've got friends that love me
And they know just where I stand
It's all a part of me
And that's who I am."
I have so many blessings in my life! And yes there is the part of me that would still like to be a Hollywood movie star and walk the red carpet, while receiving numerous accolades and doing modeling shoots. But I try hard to acknowledge that I have the most important blessings in my life right now. I have a husband, children, parents and siblings that love me, and a home, in a beautiful area. I have the most amazing church family and the best girl friends ever.
And I have seen the beautiful act of service rendered countless times in my life. It's these acts of genuine service that helps to lift me up in life's dark hours of despair. Do I have hopes and dreams? Yes. And hopefully some day they'll come true. But as for now I need to sit back and reflect on my life with gratitude to my Heavenly Father.
So even though I'm not walking the red carpet any time soon... I'll just dress like a star ;)
2 comments:
Oh, Nissa, you are the best! I love that you and I are so different in so many ways and I haven't actually seen you in about 9 years, but I could get together and chat with you like it had only been yesterday!
I love that you are so grounded, but still a dreamer. Who says we have to stop dreaming just because we have a husband and kids, really?!
Love you a lot. And in the words of Deana Carter, "I still remember when 30 was old..."
Happy Birthday!!! Wish I was there to share it with you. I hope that you had a super fun day, and that Justin spoiled you silly. BTW, LOVE the photo of you on this post!
Post a Comment