Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Double the Trouble with Twins!

This pregnancy has proved to be a emotional/ physical roller coaster Already! I've been to sick and nauseated 24/7!!! I have pretty much been bed ridden for the last month! Some times if I even lift my head from the pillow I'll throw up.  I've been throwing up so violently I throw up traces of blood from my esouphgus.  I'm so physically exhausted that taking g a simple shower is like  running 5 miles! The Dr. says it's all because there's double the hormones from twins...and that even though this is my 4th pregnancy, twins are a whole different ball game!!!! 

My church friends have been wonderful bringing in dinner 2-3 times a week. Two wonderful women from church even came to clean my house one day!

Well, the month of March started off with a lot of unexpected medical visits!!!!! I started spotting drove myself to the ER at 4:30 am...the Babies looked fine. Apparently I have a hemorrhage/blood clot in my uterus causing the spotting. I was sent home and the spotting stopped. A few hours later I started majorly bleeding and clotting!  My wonderful friends took me to the ER while Justin dropped off the kids at the Castro's home. While there it I thought for sure I was miscarrying! I was bleeding so bad...I knew in my heart the babies would be ok, but the evidence was clearly against me. It was nice to have my good friend Wendy working in the ER that night and my ultrasound tech was a friend from my church. The ultrasound show the babies were still ok. I was so relieved! I'm not going to lie I was on a emotional roller coaster. They attribute the bleeding to more blood from the blood/clot leaking. There was alot of blood in my uterus and cervix area that has to come out. And told me I would continue to bleed for a few days...So I went home exhausted...not to mention so physically drained. I walked in my house and couldn't even make it to the bed...I fell asleep in the couch.  

 Little did I know that was just the START of the crazy month of March...

2 comments:

Megan said...

Nissa! I think about you all time. Thanks for the update. I know how stressful high risk pregnancies can be.... I am a bundle of nerves this time around. Thank goodness for Priesthood blessings and good doctors, right? You are in my prayers and hopefully things will calm down after the 1st trimester is over and your body has adjusted. I had a friend with a similar blood clot (with one baby) and she is 6 weeks behind me and doing great now. So glad you have great friends to help during this time. Take it easy and take care of yourself. Sounds like you are doing the best you can. Can they give you Zofran for the nausea?

Angel said...

Wow! I have been thinking of you so much lately -- what an emotional roller coaster! I am so grateful that those little ones are doing well and are still there with you. It sounds like you have an amazing ward family who loves you very much. Each day may be hard, but there is so much for you to be thankful for!!! I wish I was there to help you -- I would be waiting on you hand and foot. :)