I had TWO ultrsounds today it showed that Brady is weighing 8 LBS already- and I just turned 37 weeks today! Plus I have TONS of fluid. After the first ultrasound, I saw Dr. Allen she said wished my water would just break in the waiting room and get this baby out! She was concerned about the size of the baby this early and the abnormal high amounts fluid. So she sent me to a specialist and had another ultra sound. That Dr. confirmed that the baby was measuring 39 weeks (2 weeks ahead) and weighing 8 pounds- with a huge amount of fluid. The specialist said that big babies produce large amounts of fluid and when that happens it can result in abnormalities in the babies proper development. But everything looked ok...He's just got Peterson genes and is destined to be a football player!
Because of the twin demise and carrying a big baby has taken a toll on my stomach-making it abnormally large and heavy. When I go to the grocery store people stop and stare because of the shape and size of my stomach....no joke-ask Justin. Every where I go strangers constantly ask me, "Are you having twins?" It used to be hard to answer without getting emotional, but it's gotten easier...so I just smile and say "no."
So, I'm 37 weeks and so ready to be done. I've been blessed with a lot of fun, wonderful experiences these last few months- But behind my the fun times is constant pain that I've been living with everyday. The four months I was on bed rest took a huge toll on my body. My muscles were left so weak making it very painful to walk. And they've never been able to regain much strength. I have had ligament pain everyday- which feels like knives piercing my sides. Plus, I haven't been able to sit in a chair for longer than 30 min with out stomach muscle pain.
Because of the twin demise and carrying a big baby has taken a toll on my stomach-making it abnormally large and heavy. When I go to the grocery store people stop and stare because of the shape and size of my stomach....no joke-ask Justin. Every where I go strangers constantly ask me, "Are you having twins?" It used to be hard to answer without getting emotional, but it's gotten easier...so I just smile and say "no."
So, I'm 37 weeks and so ready to be done. I've been blessed with a lot of fun, wonderful experiences these last few months- But behind my the fun times is constant pain that I've been living with everyday. The four months I was on bed rest took a huge toll on my body. My muscles were left so weak making it very painful to walk. And they've never been able to regain much strength. I have had ligament pain everyday- which feels like knives piercing my sides. Plus, I haven't been able to sit in a chair for longer than 30 min with out stomach muscle pain.
In fact, last Sunday I was having constant pain among the lower part on my stomach for 5 hours non stop! I knew I wasn't in labor, but it hurt so much, with no relief in sight, no matter what I did. Dr. Allen told me to go to the hospital to try and see what was going on. They gave me the strong drug Demerol...love it! It helped so much. Baby was fine, and the reason for the pain remains a mystery.
But there is an end it sight to the the longest 9 months of my life...and soon it will all be worth it when I can hold my sweet
Brady James in my arms.

1 comment:
You are amazing Nissa -- hang in there!
Post a Comment