Friday, February 22, 2008

Some Thoughts to Ponder....

So here I am and it's 2:30 a.m. I just put Cayden back to bed after rocking him and giving him some prescription teething medication. Poor little guy is in so much pain. I just finished 2 loads of laundry and ran the dishwasher. So I'm thinking about the what happened today, and how the roofer came, (he gave me a good price and it will cheaper than my deductible), how Justin order a part to fix his computer...oh I forgot to call the insurance about the cars. And then my thoughts turn to a conversation I had with Justin earlier in the afternoon. Justin had called and told me that after talking to his Mom we found out that his Aunt got a Hep B shot and contracted a disease that leaves people paralyzed. (And it only happens in 1% of people.) She can barely move right now and the future is uncertain. In that same family their son's wife (who's in her late 20's), was just diagnosed with MS Disease. But that's not all, their father who is a painter has cataracts and is slowly going blind. And in past years this family has also had to deal with the death of loved ones. I think it all puts it in perspective-how blessed I am. Because without health and family there is nothing. The Lord always has a way of keeping me in check how wonderful things are for me. Money will come and go, debt will come and go-except student loans-they linger on forever :), but how I'm blessed to have 3 adorable, healthy children who I'm proud of, who already know what it means to render service to others, and have the desire to be like and please our Savior. I love teaching them about gospel truths. In fact, the other day we went to Children's Place to do a return- the cashier gave me back $3.00 to much, I didn't notice it until 10 minutes later I had left the store. It bothered so much so I took my kids back to the store explaining to them the whole time why we were going back and that Jesus wants us to be honest and tell the truth. I also told them that Mommy's heart is not happy until I give the money back, and then Jesus will happy- that even moms and dad have to be honest. Oh, how precious they are and how I love the little teaching moments and the little things in life. And how precious my husband is- He's been not sleeping much trying to complete freelance jobs to make more money... he loves his family so much. He's just like my parents in that regard. Well, I think I'm tired now, if you read this sorry it's a little deep and a little long. I find it so amazing that just when you're hit with bad luck someone else has gotten it 10 times harder and it makes you reflect on your blessings. Hope you're having a good day where ever you are... and stop for as minute and count 10 blessings :)

5 comments:

Wendy said...

That is so funny what you said about how our trials are not that bad. I know you and I sit and talk about our money woes all of the time and I have had an experience just the same as yours this week. There is a family in our ward whose 8 year old boy is dying from a tumor wrapped around his spinal cord. Within the past few weeks he has gotten worse and worse and it is heartbreaking, but it makes you so grateful for your trials and that you have healthy children. If you want to have a cry check out his blog and his dads daily journal at caringbridge.org/visit/peterbarr

Angel said...

I am glad that you are able to carry such a positive perspective on life at this moment. It is so hard to get through difficult times without it. Know that we are thinking of you.

I hope that Cayden feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

I didn't know I would feel the spirit so much just reading your blog today. I have tears in my eyes as I am trying to type this comment. I am so greatful for people like you Nissa. You are so right, sometimes we forget to be thankful for the things that we have and just get caught up in this world we live in. Sometimes we really just need to sit back and enjoy all the blessings we have been given. Thanks for your post!!

Megan said...

What a nice thought. So true - isn't it? That when we are in despair, there's always blessings to be counted! It's hard to have that perspective sometimes - so thanks for the reminder!

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful post. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. It is so easy to not focus on our blessings. We have so much to be grateful for!