Sunday, March 30, 2008

I love going home so much! I love going home even more when everyone one of my siblings are able to be there (my brother Blair flew in from New Mexico and Elyse flew in from Utah). We had a house full of people 15-to be exact, including my Aunt Lori and my cousin Ali-Michelle. It was one of the best weeks ever! Here's just a few highlights from the week. It starts with Easter and heads backwards to the beginning of the spring break week. Easter Sunday brought excitement to my precious children as the Easter Bunny brought the kids baskets filled with goodies. Not much time to eat them as church was at 9:00a.m. After church the my kids were thrilled as the "Easter Bunny " had hidden eggs along with a few presents in Mama and Papa's front yard. So my kids were on cloud nine as Ashton got 2 Star Wars light savers and Kay-Lynn a Princess doll and Polly Pocket....But you know who was really on cloud nine- me, my husband, and all my siblings as my Mom and Dad told us that we got to go on an Easter egg hunt in the backyard for gift cards and cash!!!!!!! It was the best! I felt like I was a kid! My parents made it so fun!!!!!!! Justin and I took home $25.00 and 2 Pizza Hut gift cards, 1 Sonic gift card, an Itunes gift card, and a Walmart gift card!!!! They are the best parents! My Mom in particular strives so hard to never let us forget the child inside us! (Note: my Dad, as tradition, bought all of the girls corsages..so sweet.) Saturday morning before Easter brought two Easter egg hunts for my kids- one at our church and one at the Lutheran church. We then had family pictures in the afternoon followed by dinner at Johnny Carinos in honor of Justin and my brother Preston's birthdays. That night was party time with games and rap music. Mom decided around midnight to give a "community" Easter basket to all of us instead on individual ones. (She so cute and thinks of everything.) This basket was HUGE -it included 10 packages of Reese peanut butter cups, and boxes and boxes of an assortmant of candy -yep, I gained weight on this trip. Mid week, those who old enough went to the temple and then on Good Friday we went down town SanAntonio and visited San Antonio's first governor's mansion, market square, and saw the Spanish reenactment of the Crucifixion put on by the Catholic church. On Good Friday evening Justin came down and we all dyed Easter eggs and made Easter treats for friends of the family.One of the best times of the whole week was going as a family to the COAST! Port Aransas baby! I love this beach town with it's soft pastel colored condos and beach houses surrounded by tall green palm trees and fun souvenier shops. The beaches are nice too-complete with "Baywatch" like lifeguard towers. Below is a picture of down town Port A- with all the fishing boats. We had so much fun playing games on the shore while the younger kids made sandcastles. And bless my Mom's heart for watching the 2 babies (my son Cayden and Preston's daughter JamieLynn), as it was to windy to them to come out of the car for long periods of time. And boy was it windy...but even though it was windy, the sun at the coast will always scorch you-just ask my brother Blair as he insisted on putting baby oil on...(He was in pain for days later.) Also, during the week we welcomed home long time family friend Chris Roberts from his 2 year missionary service in California. Here we are waiting for him to get off the airplane with banners and arms ready to give him hugs. The Sunday before Easter, (Palm Sunday) we went to church and then went to a Palm Sunday Pageant at the Lutheran Church-it was really neat. Kay-Lynn loved it. My Mom also wanted us to experience an authentic traditional Passover dinner so that we could learn all about the history and traditions that went on during Christ's time and that are still carried on today. Pictured are my family, the Marshalls, and my Aunt Lori and Cousin Ali-Michelle Neuberger. We were also there for St. Patrick's Day. Oh, the great green meal we had-Mom made real eggs and ham, and oh course green milk (I'll post a picture of the darling decorated table when I get it from my sister). After breakfast we went and downtown and walked the world famous Riverwalk. It was fun seeing all the people in green. Don't you just love my head piece?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You family does the most fun stuff!!! Can I be adopted for evey holiday?? Looks like you had a very eventful and fun filled week. Great pictures and I can't wait to see the green eggs and ham!

Heidi Parson said...

Cute pictures!!! It looks like you had so much fun!!

Kerstin said...

The Peterson clan doesn't disappoint- everything how I remember. I love the baby oil story- so reminds me of you guys.

4sweetboys1princess said...

Wow! I'm jealous of your adult Easter egg hunt- how fun! You have a fun family!

Kari said...

Isn't family time the best! I love it! Looks like you had a blast!

Wendy said...

Wow, your mom is amazing! When we were teenagers we used to have Easter egg hunts for cash and they were the best, boy how I would love to have one of those now! Sounds like you had an awesome week with your family!