Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Just My Luck :(

We had an ice storm last night school was cancelled this morning. I thought great we can stay home together! Justin insisted he had to go to work...(he's trying to work extra hard and trying to get freelance jobs done). He left when it was still icy and ....well, he came home 10 minuets later saying he hit the curb and wrecked the car...At least he wasn't hurt. He drove it to a nearby car repair shop and got an estimate of at least $500!!!!! And he needs new tires another $450...Oh my gosh! I wanted to cry because on top of that I was going to take my car into the shop next week. You see my window on the driver side won't go down and the automatic door lock isn't working. (It makes a horrible screeching sound every time I press the button. It will probably cost about $400.) And, we're still paying off our credit card from some other of life's little mishaps. Money can be so frustrating! I have to keep telling myself..."It could be worse, just count my blessings!"

6 comments:

Montana Wilkins said...

So sorry! What's the saying? "It never rains, but it pours"? Apparently in your case it never rains, but it ice storms! Sometimes it's hard to count the blessings, but it does help when you do. At least you can look forward to some good things happening since you've done the bad stuff! And thank goodness the Lord takes care of us always and doesn't send anything we can't handle. Not that we want to handle it sometimes. Good luck!

Heidi Parson said...

OH Nissa,I am so sorry! Life is crazy at times!! You will get your bigger home!! just think happy thoughts just like what the secert says. Good energy attracts other good energy. I truly believe this. Chin up I Love ya!!

Alison and Troy said...

Hey I know how you feel about the car. Life just loves to spend your money for you with out your consent. and it is always things you didn't want to pay for. we just bought a little honda but now it won't start. along with shock and power steering problems, but thats ok because it won't start to drive it anyway right? but you should tease Justin that he has been away from rexburgs icy roads too long. I remember he would take Jordan and I to go spin cookies at the church parking lot.
One last thing, your kids have gotten sooo Cute! Someday we'll have some cute ones, but not for a while. Alie still has a semester and a half of school, but she wants one anyway.

Alison and Troy said...

oh, check out our polar dive video. it was on the news and some unknown guy sent it to dad. you have to go through a link.

Cyndi and Alyssa said...

Geez... It sounds like you have a car like mine! I hope you have a better week! Love ya!

Summer said...

You poor thing! I can't tell you how many times we have been there! I'm considering donating Plasma just so that we can pay some bills!