Sunday, February 15, 2009

The red and pink hearts, the balloons, the little mail boxes at eat place setting, the heart shaped plates, the shiny lip confetti...We love Valentine's Day! My Mom used to make Valentine's Day super special and now I try to carry on the tradition.
When my two older kids woke up they were so excited to open their Valentine's Day present and get the little treats from their mailboxes. And I was excited because Justin got me the red shoes I wanted!

After breakfast Ashton had soccer practice. Then Justin took Kay-Lynn and Ashton to the Lowes free kids workshop, where the kids made wooden jewelry boxes. They're so cute- complete with inside dividers and a mirror!When they got home we had heart shaped pizza and pink juice. Later that evening we watched the Charlie Brown Valentine Special on TV, followed by a few rounds of Valentine Bingo. Then the night closed with fresh strawberry smoothies.The kids also had lots of fun at their school Valentine's day parties too. Ashton , Cayden and I went to help with Kay-Lynn's party on Friday. It was really neat-they had a chocolate fondue fountain with tons of delicious dipping food including strawberries, marshmallows, pretzels.

After Kay-Lynn's party the kids and I delivered a few heart shaped mylar balloons to some special people. (Including Kay-Lynn's friend who was sick and missed her school party.) It's a fun way to teach the kids service and how to brighten some one's day.

Speaking of brightening some one's day, my sister Elyse sent us sweet home made valentines cards and sent us a $50 gift card to Walmart! Bless her heart...she totally made my day, especially with all the financial strains we've had lately! And thank you Mom for the darling Valentine towels!

2 comments:

Heidi Parson said...

sounds like a fun day!!! I am totally bummed that your lowes did jewerly boxes. We had mailboxes. Megan would have LOVED something for all her treasures!!

Megan said...

I decorated my house this year for V-Day and thought of you the whole time! :)