Thursday, March 5, 2009

Congrats to Kay-Lynn! She Made Student Council!

I'm so proud of my sweet girl!!! She came to me and told me she wanted to run for Jr. Student Council. I was thrilled! Especially since I used to be in lots of student councils when I was in school. In fact, I even had a college scholarship to Ricks for leadership.

(And for my college roomies out there: remember my red jacket with a gold name tag! I was so proud of that blazer!)

Anyways, she and I filled out the application and prepared a small speech. After that it was on to making the posters. Bless her heart, she was so tired by that time. So I told her to get a good night's rest and I'd make the posters. I stayed up to midnight making the six posters to hang in the halls of her school. (I remember I used to make tons of posters for all my siblings' things when I was younger. And the thought of making them for my own daughter was kinda neat. ---Yep, a 100% sentimental moment.)The posters were up for a week and then came the class election. The class voted her! And by doing so she beat out several other class mates! YEA! I was so thrilled for her and she was so happy with herself! The next day she went to her first student council mtg and also appeared on the school announcements (Every classroom has a TV in the room to watch the morning announcements.) Congratulations my darling Kay-Lynn!

3 comments:

Heidi Parson said...

Horray Kay-lynn how exciting!!

Camile said...

Way to go Kay-Lynn! That is so awesome and it will be such a fun experience for her.

Summer said...

Go Kay-Lynn! And even though I wasn't a roommate, I remember the red jacket!!


P.S. I am so sorry about Justin. He's so talented!!!