Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm the Luckiest Daughter!

I went to San Antonio last weekend to help my Mom paint her home and for some R&R.

(I admit I've been very stressed since Justin lost his job- trying to be full time Mom/wife and work part time at the YMCA 6 days a week!)

It was wonderful to be with her.

She was so sweet and took me shopping to get Kay-Lynn an Easter dress and purse (We

got it at Dillards and it's gorgeous!) Then she also bought me a new shirt and silk

flowers to make a spring/summer wreath with. She knows me so well- and knew that I

needed a creative outlet. (I made the wreath today- I post pics. It's so pretty and

peaceful to look at. I love it!)

I'm so blessed to have the mother I do. Those who know

her will agree, that she is AMAZING! She always cheers me up, she always knows the

right things to say, and she gives of herself to help anyone. She is my biggest

cheerleader, my greatest support system and the person who understands me the most.

She is the biggest SUPER STAR of all!

I love you mom - you're the greatest!

3 comments:

Mist said...

Nissa I am so glad that you were able to have such a nice time with your mom! I was thinking about you today because I was in church and I squooze (sp?)my daughters had three times:0) I don't know if you or your family still does this but it is a tradition that we do in our family thanks to you! So three big squeezes to you! lOVE YOU SO MUCH AND LOTS OF PRAYERS Mist

Nissa-Lynn said...

Misty we still do that and always will! I'm so thrilled that you remembered that, and your family does it!!!I love you so much too!

Montana Wilkins said...

I have a picture of you and Misty and I with your Mom when she was getting off the SLASH van for Mother's week. I think it was actually from our second year, but when I see it it makes me smile because your mom is lots of fun! Isn't it wonderful to know we're blessed with exactly the mommies we need? I am so glad you got to go spend time with her. When I read that on your Facebook status I actually had a moment of relief for you because there's nothing like being taken care of by the woman who has the most experience at it!
Also, I'm glad Misty does 1-2-3. I love how we all touch each others lives. I should probably start that tradition in my family too!