Sunday, May 11, 2008

I didn't just have a Mother's Day..I had a Mother's Weekend!

What a great Mother's Day weekend! It started Friday night..I copied this from Kari's Blog...Hope you don't mind Kari. "So last night was girls nite!!! We went over to a friends house to watch the movie "27 dresses." (thanks Nissa-Lynn for hosting...you're the best!) I love it when it is girl's nite....I have such a great time hanging out with friends! We ate yummy snacks, talked, and started the movie...about half-way through the movie we all made the comment that nobody brought chocolate! What were we thinking...a night without chocolate??? Crazy enough about 20 mintues later there was a loud knock at the door...Nissa got up to get it and on the front porch was a bag overloaded with chocolate and 2, 2-liters of soda." It was a surprise for Kari from her Hubby Rick! He sent her this amazing present of goodies for girls night along with the cutest card. The next day we 7 girls, along with three more friends, we got pedicures and went to lunch at La Madeline. The pedicure place was AMAZING! It had 30 chairs, and it was so fancy! It was so relaxing. It was a blast! I love you girls! Then I came home and Justin and the kids had flowers waiting for me. Justin said that each child picked out a flower-even Cayden! The next morning I woke up to Kay-Lynn telling Justin, "Dad get up, we have to make Mom breakfast in bed!" It was so cute! With Justin's help she made me 3 pancakes spelling out the word M-O-M. Then Ashton and Kay-Lynn handed me a handful of cards and drawings. And Kay-Lynn insisted she give me a massage before my special day was over-and she did. It was wonderful! And as tradtition Justin got me a corsage to wear to church. I always feel so special when I have a corsage to wear on Easter and Mother's Day. It's a tradition I grew up with.

No comments: