
Last night we went to Movie Night at Kay-Lynn's school. It was wonderful. The film was shown on a huge screen in the gym with surround sound and free popcorn! We saw "Mr. Magorium's Wonder Emporium," and it was just darling!
But the best part was going as a family. As we were walking home (The school is practically across the street), I guess I had a moment in time where I just wanted freeze time. It was a moment where I was so happy and peaceful being at that place and time with my kids and husband, I wanted that feeling to last forever. We took our time home as Justin was pushed the double stroller, (it was packed with the 2 boys, 2 camping chairs, 2 blankets and 2 pillows-for laying on the gym floor), and Kay-Lynn walked beside me, picking purple flowers (well they were weeds actually), from the sides of the sidewalk. The weather was perfect, the night so still and I just thought how time is going so fast...that someday my little ones won't be able to ride in the double stroller... and that truly it's the little things in life that bring the most happiness...I encourage y'all to slow down with life for a second and live in the moment..:)
4 comments:
Oh Nissa, I just loved reading your blog about life going to fast, especially with the Song "You're Gonna Miss This," playing in the background! You are so Amazing, and I"ll tell you what, those kids are so blessed to have spectacular parents like you and Justin. Thanks for helping me realize that despite,not having anyone to put in a "double stroller," the moments in our lives pass all to quickly, and one day we will look back at them and wish they were still here. Truly, we need to relish today, and remember Psalms 118:24 "This is the Day which the Lord hath made we will rejoice and we glad in it."
Clearly, you are an inspiration to all. Not only are you the greatest sister, but an incredible example as well, and for that I"m eternally grateful. I love you, always have and always will! Loe ya, Leesey =)
Cute Story!!! I think a lot about how my kids will only be this age once and how I want to soak it all up!!
I know what you mean! Moments like that are so awesome. There are so many times that I just hope when we're in heaven we get to replay them.
I love (and hate) those kind of moments at the same time. I love them because everything feels so surreal and perfect, and I hate them because they always end and there is no way to keep it. Ah, kids just grow too fast.
It was great talking to you yesterday!
Post a Comment