YEA! I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY! For those of you that don't know, I've had my shoulder in and out of a sling with terrible pain for the last 5 months! I even went to Urgent Care one night when I couldn't even lift a dinner plate from the microwave! (I think its from carrying and cradling big Baby Cayden!) At first the doctor thought it was bursitis, so they drained fluid from my shoulder and gave me a steroid shot. Well, that got rid of the pain for a few weeks but it came back-even worse! I went back to the doctor and then they thought it was a torn rotator cuff and I'd probably have to have surgery, not to mention not do ANYTHING for 3 weeks except physical therapy sessions. Hello? How is that possible??? I have 3 young kids? Then I had an MRI, and after getting the results and meeting with the Doctor again...they said the shoulder is hugely inflamed with severe tendinitis. I'll take that though..now I can save myself thousands of dollars by not having surgery and pay a lot less instead for medications and physical therapy, and I'll still have to keep my shoulder in a sling for a few more weeks... But that's OK!Tuesday, May 20, 2008
No surgery for me....
YEA! I DON'T HAVE TO HAVE SURGERY! For those of you that don't know, I've had my shoulder in and out of a sling with terrible pain for the last 5 months! I even went to Urgent Care one night when I couldn't even lift a dinner plate from the microwave! (I think its from carrying and cradling big Baby Cayden!) At first the doctor thought it was bursitis, so they drained fluid from my shoulder and gave me a steroid shot. Well, that got rid of the pain for a few weeks but it came back-even worse! I went back to the doctor and then they thought it was a torn rotator cuff and I'd probably have to have surgery, not to mention not do ANYTHING for 3 weeks except physical therapy sessions. Hello? How is that possible??? I have 3 young kids? Then I had an MRI, and after getting the results and meeting with the Doctor again...they said the shoulder is hugely inflamed with severe tendinitis. I'll take that though..now I can save myself thousands of dollars by not having surgery and pay a lot less instead for medications and physical therapy, and I'll still have to keep my shoulder in a sling for a few more weeks... But that's OK!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I'm so HAPPY for you! YEA! now, you have no excuse for you and Justin to get away for your 10 year! :)
Yay! Yay! Yay! I am SO happy that you don't have to go through the ordeal of surgery and physical therapy. I just hope that why are able to do other things to help you out so that the pain and discomfort goes away. . .
What good news! I didn't know that you had been having such shoulder problems. Well, good luck with the meds and therapy.
Mexico here we come!
I am so glad you don't have to have surgery! I hope the therapy goes well!
Post a Comment